Want to earn $3,000?
Our External Referral Program is for persons unaffiliated with our business to help AbleVets in attracting, hiring, and retaining the very best talent.
Browse the openings
Share with a friend
Nudge your friend to apply!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
AbleVets’ referral program offers cash awards to external individuals and internal employees for referring qualified individuals who were hired against open requisitions.
This program covers any individual who refers a qualified candidate that meets the identified criteria of the requisition. The qualified candidate must be selected and successfully complete 60 calendar days employment prior to any referral payment.
- External Individual – Any individual that is not associated with AbleVets, is a legal resident of the United States at least 18 years of age, and willing to complete all required documentation.
- External Candidate – A qualified referral as identified in the Eligibility section
- Employee – Any full-time or part-time AbleVets employee, excluding members in Executive Management team, HR, Talent Management/Recruiting.
ELIGIBILITY AND PAYMENT
Qualified referrals must meet all of the following criteria:
- External candidate submitted who was not a previous AbleVets employee nor who has engaged AbleVets in the past 12 months
- External candidate successfully completes interview process and is hired in a full-time position
- Is in good standing at the end of the 60 days employment period
- External candidate acknowledges that he/she was referred by the external individual
- Temporary, independent consultants, or interns associated with AbleVets or our business partners
- Professional recruiters or individuals affiliated with a placement agency. Any unsolicited resumes from agencies will be considered property of AbleVets
- Employees of AbleVets must relinquish hiring authority for any direct reports in order to qualify for the referral bonus
Terms of payment:
- Employee or external individual has been deemed an eligible participant of the program
- Employees who refer qualified hires must be employed on the date payment is made to receive the internal referral bonus, otherwise, external individual payment terms apply
- AbleVets will process payments approximately 30 days after criteria for qualification have been met
- All payments made will be in accordance with IRS guidelines and are subject to applicable taxes
- External individuals will receive a 1099 for the year the payments were received
- External individuals have completed all the required documentation
AbleVets may modify or terminate the external referral program at its sole option and without notice. The referring individual is responsible for any taxes imposed upon the referral fee paid. In the event of any dispute between referred individual and AbleVets with respect to a referral fee, the decision of AbleVets shall be final.
HOW IT WORKS
- Candidates must be referred through AbleVets career website using the “Refer a friend” link. The system will record the date of referral and other pertinent data.
- In the event several referrals naming the same candidate are received, the first referral received by AbleVets will be the only one considered for award.
- Candidate will be reviewed against requirements and dispositioned accordingly.
- The AbleVets recruiting team will send eligible referrals to Human Resources after the candidate has been hired.
- Human Resources will maintain the list of eligible participants and collect any required documentation.
- External individuals eligible for payment will have to complete a W-9 within the first 60 days of the hire so the appropriate IRS tax form can be sent at the end of the tax year. Forms will be submitted to the Human Resources Department for processing.
For questions about our referral program, email [email protected].